Delphi 2007 + V. 6.60 + ExtendedBorders

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    prefont
    Participant

Using Delphi 2007 + V. 6.60 + ExtendedBorders, I find the following issues:

1. ) On Windows 7 (32-bit, have not yet tried 64-bit) a transparent space of about 3 pixels is left between the form title bar and the menu bar. Example:

[attachment=3857:w7alpha.jpg]

2. ) On Windows XP (32-bit, SP3) when using one of the skins with an extended border (i.e. Sapphire), when going from maximized to minimized or normal or closing the app, a part of the menu bar is left on the screen.

[attachment=3858:xpalpha.jpg]

prefont
    Participant

p.s. these issues do not seem to be present on Vista.

Support
    Keymaster

Hello
    Are you sure that latest skins are used?
    If you have internal skins in the project, then they must be updated too.

prefont
    Participant

QUOTE (Support @ Mar 23 2010, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello
    Are you sure that latest skins are used?
    If you have internal skins in the project, then they must be updated too.

I double-checked on all test machines, and the latest (6.60) skins are used in all cases. For instance Sapphire.asz is dated Dec 3, 2009.

Support
    Keymaster

Hello
    It's not difficult to make a small demo with this problem?

prefont
    Participant

Hello,

It is really not hard to duplicate. Any simple project in D2007 will do it.

I have decided not to use Extended borders because they seem to be problematic, but if you are really interested in solving the problem I will create a simple demo app for you…

JohnBank
    Participant

QUOTE (prefont @ Apr 2 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello,

I have decided not to use Extended borders because they seem to be problematic, but if you are really interested in solving the problem I will create a simple demo app for you…

You must be interested,not he.If you want to solve the problem then provide as much information as possible!

prefont
    Participant

QUOTE (JohnBank @ Apr 3 2010, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You must be interested,not he.If you want to solve the problem then provide as much information as possible!

Thanks for such a valuable contribution…

JohnBank
    Participant

QUOTE (prefont @ Apr 4 2010, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks for such a valuable contribution…

Serge asks you if you can make a demo.You reply 'if you're interested ,I can'.Why do you think he will ask you for demo if he has no interest?
    I don't understand why you react so sarcastic.

Sereby
    Participant

he's from the dev team.

not correct @prefont:
    serge just looks 1 or 2 times a week into the english part of the forum. So just make a demo, you will help him with that! Trust me

prefont
    Participant

My response was to you (JohnBank). I had just finished saying that “I have decided not to use Extended borders” when I got your reply insisting that “You must be interested”. Well, I am really not. I was offering to create the sample for the developer – but only if he was interested in pursuing it further.

FYI I don't have a problem posting demos (see thread ” ExtendedBorders + Maximize button + V. 6.48 + D2007, Does not maximize”). However I am getting a little tired of having to “prove” there is a bug every time I report one…

JohnBank
    Participant

QUOTE (prefont @ Apr 4 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    My response was to you (JohnBank). I had just finished saying that “I have decided not to use Extended borders” when I got your reply insisting that “You must be interested”. Well, I am really not. I was offering to create the sample for the developer – but only if he was interested in pursuing it further.

FYI I don't have a problem posting demos (see thread ” ExtendedBorders + Maximize button + V. 6.48 + D2007, Does not maximize”). However I am getting a little tired of having to “prove” there is a bug every time I report one…

Sorry then.But put yourself on Serge's a place.If you don't know how to reproduce the bug – how are you going to fix it? I think the demos are used more for Serge to find the problem much faster than proving the problem itself.It's your decision after all.

Support
    Keymaster

QUOTE (prefont @ Apr 3 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give me this project? Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.