Font Mode/Name Not Being Preset When App Starts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TAZ
    Participant

Hello.

I have taken your mega demo and reduced it to a demo with the fonts management groupbox stuff.

I have preset the MainFont = “Comic Sans MS” and MainMode = “fmCustom” in the Object Inspector for sSkinManager1.

When I start the app I would expect that the app would show the font I preset. What is stated in the evaluate/window is

sSkinManager1.Fonts.MainMode = fmCustom
    sSkinManager1.Fonts.MainFont = ‘Comic Sans MS”

However, what shows is not “Comic Sans MS”. It looks more like Default/Arial.

When you step through sSkinManager SetMainFont and SetMainMode, SkinManager ChangeAppFont is not being read.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Support
    Keymaster

Thank you for the demo.
    I see the problem, it will be solved in the next release, I think.

TAZ
    Participant

I just downloaded 15.17.

It appears that this problem is partially fixed in that when starting the application the main form has the correct font.

The part that is not fixed is when you call modal forms. Their controls do not have the correct font, or is there something I am not aware of?

Do you have to do something on the modal form to set the correct font?

Also what do you need to do to have the correct font set for modal dialogs?

Thanks.

TAZ
    Participant

I do have one answer or work around.

If I use this, it works well when placing it in the modal form create: frmMain.smMain.EndUpdate(True, False)

That still leaves:
    1. TsLabel is unchanged on the main form and modal forms period. By design? Do these have to be set individually?
    2. Modal Dialogs.

I know that some items I will have to be responsible like TMS AdvStringGrid fixed column text, etc.

Basically what I am asking is which components of yours would I have to be responsible to set its font.

Thanks.

Support
    Keymaster

Hi
    I see the issue if modal form is created dynamically.
    I will check why custom doesn’t work in this case.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.