The button in TsComboEdit should be part of the control

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    HeDiBo
    Participant

The button in a TsComboEdit does not generate events like MouseEnter, MouseLeave and MouseMove. However, the button is part of the TsComboEdit and should work the same way.
    For instance, changing the cursor shape upon hoovering above the button is not possible now, because of this.
    So, most mouse events should be active also if the mouse is over the button.
    It can be done, I think, if the button becomes a real button and not an atomic graphic control.

Support
    Keymaster

It was a real button in first versions of the component, but other problems were existing in this variant (which was worse than missing events).
    Later this button was removed and non-client area used now for button actions. Just events should be tested now, and button should be improved.

HeDiBo
    Participant

I see. Do you mean you’re going to fix this?
    For instance, you could place a real button in the non-client area and copy the appropriate events to the TsComboEdit control.

HeDiBo
    Participant

In 15.08 you apparently have done some work on this.
    The OnMouseEnter and OnMouseLeave events do not work yet. Also the X,Y coordinates in OnMouseMove are incorrect. So, do you expect it to start working in a next release?

Support
    Keymaster

Yes, these events will be supported in the next release.

HeDiBo
    Participant

In 15.09 all seems well 💎

HeDiBo
    Participant

There’s still a problem: if the mouse hovers over the button, OnMouseMove events are not generated, making it impossible to determine if the mouse is over the button.

Support
    Keymaster

I will check it.

HeDiBo
    Participant

Problem solved in 15.10 👌
    Please close this topic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘The button in TsComboEdit should be part of the control’ is closed to new replies.