AC15.03: TsDateEdit calls OnAcceptDate way too many times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HeDiBo
    Participant

If I click the button of the depicted TsDateEdit control, I receive way too many OnAcceptDate calls.
    It even starts to check on Date = 0!!

Imagine that finding out if a date is acceptable, a difficult database query has to be done.
    If you look at the enclosed list, you see it starts with Date = 0, then 5 times the current date, and then 3 times all the dates shown on the calendar, including again the current date. If each of these queries needs a database query, the waiting time after clicking the button might become unnervingly long.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Support.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    HeDiBo
    Participant

Appologies, I enclosed the wrong picture (not pertaining to the dates list).

Attachments:
    sergunalpha
    Keymaster

This issue will be checked soon.

HeDiBo
    Participant

In AC 15.05, it’s still calling OnAcceptDate for all dates 3 times. The less intrusive calls are now eliminated, I would preferred it the other way around.

PS. The AC 13.05 in the topic header should be AC15.03

Support
    Keymaster

First time the event called, when we need paint cell (we need to know how to paint it, acceptable date or not).
    Second time event called when date must be changed. I don’t know why it is called third time. I will think how it may be improved more.

HeDiBo
    Participant

First time the event called, when we need paint cell (we need to know how to paint it, acceptable date or not).
    Second time event called when date must be changed. I don’t know why it is called third time. I will think how it may be improved more.

I think the second time is already superfluous. You say date must be changed, but I don’t know why you say that. In my sample, date is not changed then.

HeDiBo
    Participant

No improvement in 15.06 πŸ˜’

HeDiBo
    Participant

No improvement in 15.07
    The project below will show you. Click the date button, and the memo will list all the dates from the OnAcceptDate event.

Attachments:
    Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the demo, it will be improved soon.

HeDiBo
    Participant

In AC15.08 you solved this problem πŸ’Ž
    Please close this topic.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘AC15.03: TsDateEdit calls OnAcceptDate way too many times’ is closed to new replies.