Scale Mode Issues/Questions (part 2)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TAZ
    Participant

To continue:

[*]I have noticed that on your mega demo and my projects that when you change scale mode the project momentarily disappears which is fine. What bothers me is that when the project reappears there is a good amount of white background in various sections that appears before the full project repaints to its normal looks. Can this be handled differently? We are performing BeginUpdate and EndUpdate in the same manner as changing skins based on your example code. Probably cannot be helped based on what you have to do in manipulating the video settings. Also why would someone want to change scale modes when the project is running? Silly questions I guess.[*]In your tutorial you state “Use the TsAlphaImageList component for storing of PNG glyphs, which will change their size accordingly to scale specified in the SkinManager.”. Will the TsVirtualImageList scale, too? I am using them all over my apps including the TsToolbar TToolButton that is not resizing the image based on the scale.

More later.

Support
    Keymaster
    'TAZ' wrote:
    I have noticed that on your mega demo and my projects that when you change scale mode the project momentarily disappears which is fine. What bothers me is that when the project reappears there is a good amount of white background in various sections that appears before the full project repaints to its normal looks. Can this be handled differently? We are performing BeginUpdate and EndUpdate in the same manner as changing skins based on your example code. Probably cannot be helped based on what you have to do in manipulating the video settings. Also why would someone want to change scale modes when the project is running? Silly questions I guess.

I will try to improve a reappearing of forms soon, thank you for the suggestion.

Quote:
    In your tutorial you state “Use the TsAlphaImageList component for storing of PNG glyphs, which will change their size accordingly to scale specified in the SkinManager.”. Will the TsVirtualImageList scale, too? I am using them all over my apps including the TsToolbar TToolButton that is not resizing the image based on the scale.More later.

TsVirtualImageList is not scaled automatically now, you are right. I will add the AllowScale property there.

TAZ
    Participant

1. No change when changing scaling mode as far as momentary portions of the window appearing white. Are you still looking into this or is it a dead issue?

2. Fixed. Thanks.

Support
    Keymaster
    'TAZ' wrote:
    1. No change when changing scaling mode as far as momentary portions of the window appearing white. Are you still looking into this or is it a dead issue?

This is a big work which can't be done quickly, and I can't promise that result will be good.

Maybe will be better to hide a window before scaling and show it after changing…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.