PNG Not Rendering Properly in FastReports Preview

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    alweis
    Participant

I am using FastReports in my application and have provided thirdparty support as recommended. My png images with alpha channel are showing a black background instead of transparent in the report preview. This problem exists in version 9.17, 9.18, 9.19. I cannot say about version 9.16 because I do not have this version. In version 9.15 the images render correctly in the FastReport preview. I have attached a sample application that shows this problem.

I am running XE on windows 7. I also have seen the problem under XE7.

Samples.png

Support
    Keymaster

Hello! Thank you for screenshots and for demo-program.

What version of your FR package? I'm trying it with FR 5.2.3, but image is not visible in preview, other behaviour is well.

I can't understand why image is not visible there (I tried your package without AlphaControls even, with same behaviour).

alweis
    Participant

Hello Serge,

I am currently using FR4.15.4. I intend to move to version 5.2. I cannot explain the behavior you are seeing. Ultimately, I intend to use XE7 and FR 5.2. Just as soon as I have a chance, I will prepare the same demo for the newer versions. For the moment this is not critical because I can continue to use AC 9.15. I am hoping to make the transition to XE7 and FR5.2 by 6-15-2015, but I still have a number of XE7 issues to resolve.

Best Regards,

Al

alweis
    Participant

Hello Serge,

Just an update I have tested the following with FR 5.2.7:

• Delphi XE7 + AC 9.20, PNGs do not render properly
    • Delphi XE7 + AC 9.15, PNGs do render properly

Best Regards,

Al

dhwz2001
    Participant

Confirmed, I've the same problem with TsListView and also with TsAlphaHints. All transparent PNGs just have black background. But only if the PNG is 8-bit, 32-bit is working properly.

alweis
    Participant

Hello dhwz2001,

I guess we have different problems because my graphics are 32-bit /with alpha Channel.

Best Regards,

Al

dhwz2001
    Participant

Still no fix for that issue? 🙁

Support
    Keymaster

Hello!

I have deleted skins from the demo and changed Png image to Jpeg, but same issue exists, unfortunately – image is not visible in the Preview.

Can you check it, please?

Exe-video is attached, look it please.

alweis
    Participant

Please send me the source for the video and I will look at it.

Support
    Keymaster

This demo is attached here.

alweis
    Participant

Your graphic was not displaying because you used the same Picture control as the original without removing the file link. I have fixed this and used a relative path for calling my logo so that you can see the problem. This logo is intended to be replaced by the customer logo. Therefore it is not practical form me to embed it in each report.

Support
    Keymaster

Thank you, I can repeat this issue now.

The reason of this trouble is in changed priority of Png handlers.

You can fix it easily, I think – just change the ACPngFirst variable to False.

This variable is declared in the sDefaults unit. Please, try it.

alweis
    Participant

Your suggestion as fixed this issue. You may consider the case closed. As usual, thank you for the fine controls and your support.

Best Regards,

Al

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.