TsImage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SzakiLaci
    Participant

Dear Support ! 🙂

What would you recommend to show a picture on a panel or form – contained in a TsAlphaImageList ?

… also would be nice to use AC's enhanced stretch function to show a TPicture saved in a kind of “TsImage”. (Because original TImage's stretching looks not too great.)

Any ideas how to do it? (or plans for future component 😛 ?)

Thanks for the info and Happy Christmas 😀

Laci

Support
    Keymaster

Hello!

If you have an image contained in the TsAlphaImageList compoent, then you can draw directly from this component I think (TsAlphaImageList.Draw procedure).

You can place this code in the TsPanel.OnPaint or Form.OnPaint events. Why you need a special component for that?:)

Happy New Year 😀

SzakiLaci
    Participant

Hi Serge !

It's new year and (hopefully) we are all sober again 😀

It would be hard for me to list ALL advantages a TsImage component would offer but here are some:

– OnClick, MouseUp … events on a picture

Proportional property

UseCash property (like at TsVirtualImageList)

– no need to calculate ScaleBy- and Anchors-modified coordinates for placement of a picture

– component order

– probably more repaint-refresh compatibility with other AlphaSkin controls (like TsPanel)

– maybe it could hold standard picture types too, like a normal TImage (.jpg, tif..)

– would increase development work for scaled touch-screen application ca. 20x times

– …

So it would be simply logical to have such a component, basically like the sBitBtn, without [focus, borders, onKeyDown, …] and such events.

Cheers ^_^

I've just started to develop a new module for my program where I wanted to place pictures for different payment types (cash, credit card, ticket, …) on a TScrollBox under each other. Than I've realized it's complicated without TsImage to use pictures already saved into a TsAlphaImageList.

Support
    Keymaster

Hello!

I think, such component may be useful, added in ToDo 🙂

DarrenB
    Participant
    Quote:

Hi Serge !

It's new year and (hopefully) we are all sober again

It would be hard for me to list ALL advantages a TsImage component would offer but here are some:

– OnClick, MouseUp … events on a picture

– Proportional property

– UseCash property (like at TsVirtualImageList)

– no need to calculate ScaleBy- and Anchors-modified coordinates for placement of a picture

– component order

– probably more repaint-refresh compatibility with other AlphaSkin controls (like TsPanel)

– maybe it could hold standard picture types too, like a normal TImage (.jpg, tif..)

– would increase development work for scaled touch-screen application ca. 20x times

– …

So it would be simply logical to have such a component, basically like the sBitBtn, without [focus, borders, onKeyDown, …] and such events.

Cheers

I've just started to develop a new module for my program where I wanted to place pictures for different payment types (cash, credit card, ticket, …) on a TScrollBox under each other. Than I've realized it's complicated without TsImage to use pictures already saved into a TsAlphaImageList.

Quote:
    Hello!

I think, such component may be useful, added in ToDo

😀 😉 Good job guys.

Darren

SzakiLaci
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

Hello!

Thanks Mate !

I'll be thankful for that 😉

You may just make a copy from the TsBitBtn component,

– rename to TsImage

– delete all unnecessary stuff (Caption, borders, etc) and

– add Proportional property.

I think that's all. :a3:

SzakiLaci
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

Hello!

Hi,

I've tested yesterday 8.30 beta (yet, only on XE3 32bit)

Also tested with TsVirtualImageList.

TsImage seems to work nice !! 😀

only found 3 small glitches:

1. if a TsButton is placed OVER it, the button flickers (even at design time) [maybe sButton related…] [TsBitBtn works fine.]

2. if setting .AutoSize := True >> Height and Width will change to 0 !! >> not possible to change those to any other value except turning AutoSize OFF.

3. ImageIndex is normally at all other AC components a drop-down list with images showed. Here only a number.

… and I've found an other abnormality: when changing the AlphaImageList 's Width and Height >> pictures are not showing any more, only in the pic-manager window. (See attached pic.)

Cheers

PS: this topic should now being moved to Troubleshootings.

Support
    Keymaster
    'SzakiLaci' wrote:
    1. if a TsButton is placed OVER it, the button flickers (even at design time) [maybe sButton related…] [TsBitBtn works fine.]

3. ImageIndex is normally at all other AC components a drop-down list with images showed. Here only a number.

I'll try to improve it later.

Quote:
    2. if setting .AutoSize := True >> Height and Width will change to 0 !! >> not possible to change those to any other value except turning AutoSize OFF.

I can't reproduce it, can you help me?

SzakiLaci
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

I can't reproduce it, can you help me?

I'm testing and testing and it's doing at me ALWAYS.

attached a simple project. Just select the image and click the Autosize property to become TRUE.

it will shrink the image size to 0-0 !

Support
    Keymaster

Thank you, I understand now. The issue will be solved in the nearest release.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.