TsListBox isn't side scrolling properly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jamie
    Participant

Hello, I'm currently using version 7.32 with C++ Builder 2007. When I have a TsListbox that contains a line of text longer than the control is wide the horizontal scroll bar doesn't scroll the text properly, if I disable skins the control works as expected. Is this a known issue? Is this fixed in a later version? Upgrading our versions isn't a trivial process (and may not be allowed at all for this particular issue) so I'd like to know for sure that it has been fixed before I start looking into upgrading our version of AlphaControls.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hamilton
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Delphi doesn't have a horizontal scroll bar on TListBox by default and nor does TsListBox. I'm not positive but I doubt C++ adds this functionality so I'd guess you have some custom code to add this? If you are doing this with custom code and that's broken perhaps you could look at something like http://delphi.about.com/cs/adptips2000/a/bltip0500_3.htm to get it working.

Regards,

Hamilton

Jamie
    Participant

I can't speak for Delphi (although this documentation seems to say otherwise), but TListBox in C++ definitely scrolls horizontally, it works great with skins disabled.

http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/delphiAndcpp2009/HelpUpdate2/EN/html/delphivclwin32/StdCtrls_TListBox_ScrollWidth.html

Jamie

Hamilton
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Well that's a new feature I've never noticed. I tested the scroll width under Delphi 2010 with AC v7.49 and it seemed to work fine with various skins. I compared its behaviour against TListBox and seemed OK.

Regards,

Hamilton

Casey
    Participant

The main issue is not making the horizontal scrollbar visible or not – that is accomplished well with the ScrollWidth property.

However, what happens in runtime is when you scroll the window using the horizontal scrollbar, no additional scrolled text is seen! The entire contents of the ListBox do seem to “jiggle”; however, it seems like during the entire course of scrolling only one pixel additional is seen then immediately everything is shifted back. The bottom line is no horizontal scrolling is actually performed.

We can reproduce this by:

-Create a TSListBox

-AutoHideScroll is true

-ScrollWidth is 2000 (so the horizontal scrollbar is always visible)

-Find some way to add a string to the TSListBox that is longer than the width of the TsListBox

-Run the program, add the long line, then try to scroll horizontally

Hamilton
    Participant

I cannot reproduce the issue you describe using Delphi 2010 with AC 7.51. The screen shot shows a number sequence 0..9 repeated; you can see from the position of the grip in the scroll bar that I've scrolled horizontally to show the text being displayed. OP asked whether it was worth upgrading; seems to me the answer is yes.

I did find a different issue while testing; if you drag the scroll bar to the right and then back to the left it doesn't take you all the way back to the left. You can click the buttons to scroll further left but no amount of fiddling with the scroll bar will get you back to the leftmost text. Repeatedly scrolling to the right then to the left, you find a different leftmost point each time. Hard to explain easy to demonstrate, just scroll left and right and you'll see what I mean.

peace,

hamilton

Jamie
    Participant

I was finally able to spend some time comparing v7.32 and v7.51 w/C++ Builder XE and it appears that the issue I was originally seeing in v7.32 has been resolved in 7.51 (I was able to verify it was still there in C++ Builder XE v7.32). I do see a little bit of oddness as you described using v7.51, but from what I can tell if you drag the scrollbar all the way back to the left (at which you see some varying amount of missing text) when you release from pressing the scrollbar the text appears fully scrolled to the left as you'd expect. So ultimately there are still TsListBox scroll bugs in v7.51 but it's at least useable versus being completely broken in v7.32.

Jamie

Jamie
    Participant

Is there some way to get this issue added to a bugs list in hopes it'll get resolved in a future release?

Thanks,

Jamie

Support
    Keymaster

Hello

Please try version 7.52

Jamie
    Participant

Looks like it's fixed in 7.52, thanks!

Hamilton
    Participant

Confirmed fixed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.