Marv

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: How to Add Controls at Runtime ? #52381
    Marv
    Participant

Well I got it working now.

But oddly in my case TsNotebook needs to pre-exist? I'm sure I'm missing something. Not sure what.

Unless I'm doing something wrong in the dynamic creation process for a notebook control??

All labels show up on the appropriate page, but I had to leave a blank notebook control on the panel.

I scrapped the dynamic creation of the notebook and just added new pages and controls to every page.

Once I did that everything seemd to work fine. Weird.

in reply to: Magnifier problem #52184
    Marv
    Participant

yeah I was afraid your were going to say that.

I read the microsoft link posted above.

I don't have the latest version of Delphi with that 64 bit compiler option.

But thanks for looking in to it.

I already found a work around.

in reply to: How to load/import JPG images into AC? #52180
    Marv
    Participant

Probably the most simple and useful class file I've found for handling PNG, GIF, TIF as well as JPEG on the fly is SynGDIPlus.

I load the file in via a TsOpenDialog, extract the extension from the filename, test it for the type

then do whatever in a “Case [variable] Of” statement.

That way I'm positive of what the file format is.

Each supported graphics format has a built in [FormatType].ToBitMap procedure that converts the image, regardless of the supported type, to a bitmap.

From there, you can assign it to your temp BMP object. Paint it to the screen, paint to a form, a control, or whatever.

nice thing is SynGDIPlus is free.

If your going beyond the most standard formats, then you might want to look at the Vampyre Imaging library, or GraphicsEx

in reply to: Magnifier problem #52179
    Marv
    Participant

I have Delphi 7 and latest AlphaControls version, and I'm on Windows 7, 64bit

I'm unable to get the TsMagnifier to zoom properly.

The magnifier form does activate and displays correctly, BUT only for a very brief mili second.

It then wants to zoom in all the way automatically till the magnifying viewer is all black, like above.

I've purchased the source version of AlphaControls, is there a way i can modify this behavior to display correctly?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)