TAZ

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    TAZ
    Participant

Yes, I have updated all skins.

Interesting that I stated that it is appearing on YOUR demo. So you have your project.

Besides, this is occurring on my project when the project is not running and the skin manager is not active. That should not be too difficult to understand.

Here are the steps that I took when I installed this version.

1. Uninstalled.

2. Ran clean for the runtime bpl.

3. Ran build for the runtime bpl.

4. Ran clean for the design bpl.

5. Ran build for the design bpl.

6. Ran install for the design bpl.

7. Downloaded the skins library.

I NEVER saw this error on 10.25.

I request you make 10.25 available for download again and the previous skins, too.

This is because I feel that this issue is confusing to you and will not be resolved anytime soon.

in reply to: TsTitleBar Hints #51070
    TAZ
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

I will improve this positioning of standard hints in the nearest release.

These hints are not described in the tutorials.

I have attached a project. I too am having problems getting hints to show on the title bar. I set the form showhint to true as stated above. What am I do wrong.

in reply to: Windows 8, 8.1, 10 Hint Issues #54586
    TAZ
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

Hello!

Can you upload this demo here, please?

AlphaControls version 10.23 used?

I am using 10.23. I took it out and put it back in to reproduce the problem. Now it is working okay even with the max width set above 126. If it acts up again, I will capture it.

in reply to: System Menu – Available Skins #54069
    TAZ
    Participant

I knew there was a good reason.

I know I can change it; however, that means I would have to change it each time you released an update. I can handle that, but was looking for a better solution.

Thanks.

in reply to: System Menu – Available Skins #54067
    TAZ
    Participant

I traced where the name originates.

sStrings.rc s_AvailSkins, “Available skins”

sConst.pas acs_AvailSkins := LoadStr(s_AvailSkins);

sSkinProvider.pas SkinItem.Caption := acs_AvailSkins;

Curious why you were not able to append they system menu and had to do it differently. If you had used append the menu I could have found the menu item and changed the caption to whatever I wanted to call it like

spMain.SystemMenu.Items.Find('Available skin').Caption := 'Available style'; However, it does not find it since it is not a system menu item but it does reside in the system menu. My head is spinning. a1.gif

in reply to: Afterburner Skin Problem #54024
    TAZ
    Participant

Thank you. The new file dated 9-5-15 appears to have fixed the problem.

in reply to: Alpha Hints Odd Behavior – v10.11 #53669
    TAZ
    Participant

I went back to your update history and discovered that you added the AutoAlignment property. I overlooked that added feature. When I set it to true, it worked perfectly.

I would suggest that you set the AutoAlignment default to true when creating the control. That would save a lot of grief. Not sure why anyone would want to use the control with the AutoAlignment set to false because it looks very ugly.

With AutoAlignment set to true, I can now set Animated to true and the operation through the toolbar buttons is smooth and perfect.

Now I can move on to Version 10.

Thank you.

in reply to: Alpha Hints Odd Behavior – v10.11 #53661
    TAZ
    Participant

I reluctantly have to move back to version 9 because I depend heavily on the alpha hints to work properly. I cannot move forward because frankly version 10 looks ugly and childish. Sorry.

'TAZ' wrote:

1. That would be a nice idea.

2. I am away on business and not at my development computer so I cannot check this out. I will take a look at it when I get home.

in reply to: Alpha Hints Odd Behavior – v10.11 #53549
    TAZ
    Participant

1. That would be a nice idea.

2. I am away on business and not at my development computer so I cannot check this out. I will take a look at it when I get home.

in reply to: Alpha Hints Odd Behavior – v10.11 #53533
    TAZ
    Participant

Okay. I recorded 2 videos, both very short. They demonstrate the normal behavior in version 9 and the “not so normal” behavior in version 10.

As I stated in the original message, it seems that in version 10 the hint location is all over the place and not close to the mouse cursor.

And when you click on the “Save” button the hint appears again. Very odd. I got this to occur on your demo, too.

By the way, I tried this on “Ubuntu” and “Aluminum”. Both behaved the same way. So I assume that all skins exhibit this.

Hope this helps.

in reply to: Standard Controls – StringGrid Question #53401
    TAZ
    Participant

Thought so. Decided to use TMS string grid. It works fine. Thanks.

in reply to: Memory Leaks in Version 9 #52343
    TAZ
    Participant

Its fixed. Thanks.

'Support' wrote:

Thank you for a report, I will try to fix that.

in reply to: TsTrackbar #52175
    TAZ
    Participant

Thanks.

in reply to: VirtualImageList Question #52126
    TAZ
    Participant

Simple. The toolbar has imagelist, hot imagelist and disabled imagelist. Therefore, I have need 3 imagelist which means I need 3 virtualimagelist controls too. That is unless there is a better way to utilize this.

in reply to: FastReports Skin Problem #51380
    TAZ
    Participant
    'Support' wrote:

Hello!

Yes, you can cancel a skinning of any form by several ways.

Easiest way:

If you know a type name of this form, then you can add this name to the list of skipped forms.

This list is declared in the sThirdParty unit, initialized already and named as ThirdPartySkipForms.

Try this code:

Code:
    ThirdPartySkipForms.Add('TfrxDesignerForm');
    ThirdPartySkipForms.Add('TfrxPreviewForm');

BTW. This form is ugly in your app, because some fastreport and standard controls has not been added to the sSkinManager1.ThirdParty list for a skinning, seems.

Thanks. That did the trick. I will ask them what controls they use in their toolbar.

in reply to: TSLabelFX is breaking my heart #49137
    TAZ
    Participant

I use to use them in my projects because of the excellent effects they presented, but like you have shown they are inconsistent skin to skin. So I quit using them. I do not have time to look at all 87 (current count) of them.

in reply to: 3rd Party Editor Problem (v7.70) #48984
    TAZ
    Participant

I uninstalled v7.70 and reinstalled v7.69. It is definitely a v7.70 problem.

in reply to: Need Help With AlphaSkins and TMS TAdvStringGrid #47936
    TAZ
    Participant

I removed the TMS controls from the Third Party controls (probably an overkill but it worked). Grid looks good without the skinning. So I am happy even without another solution.

in reply to: XE2 System Types #47325
    TAZ
    Participant

My project is very big and complicated. I have not been able to produce a simple project with the hints. Embarcadero must have changed something concerning the Inline function because the compiler statement is listed in Delphi 2010 and it does not produce those hints. TMS Grid also produces these hints.

Embarcadero states that you can turn off the hint message.

http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/delphiAndcpp2009/HelpUpdate2/EN/html/devcommon/cm_inline_units_incomplete_xml.html

However, I prefer to just add the unit in the USES clause to satisfy the hint and will do it for each unit that I have source code. It is just a hint which means that it should be be detrimental to my project.

I always try to keep my projects free of hints and warnings (I do not turn them off).

Thanks.

in reply to: WEB Skin Problem #46958
    TAZ
    Participant

It works. Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 147 total)