TAZ

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 147 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Trackbar Use With Touch Screen #56259
    TAZ
    Participant

I did some experimenting. It all has to do with the ThumbLength property and this is misleading. During design you try to set the look of a control. Nope. That is not necessarily true.

I set “thumb length” to the height of the control. Makes it looks ugly in design; however, when the app is run, the “thumb length” channel is narrow. Wow. However, the track bar responds better when the “thumb length” is maximized to the height of the track bar.

I cannot explain it other than the fact that the “thumb length” part seems to control movement. You click on an area other than the slider and it will move one page (another property). Grab the slider and it moves until you release.

More investigation is needed. It is interesting that this is acting like a phantom control.

I have included two screenshots. The first shows the exaggerated “thumb length”. Notice the height and “thumb length” of the track bar. The second shows the “thumb length” much, much smaller (narrower) when the app is run.

Any thoughts?

in reply to: Trackbar Use With Touch Screen #56258
    TAZ
    Participant

Tried what you suggested. Did not make much of a difference. One thing that you really have to do on a Windows tablet is to scale the application to a larger size just to use it.

Having an application on a tablet at sm100 is very laborious. You have to set it to sm150 which makes it better to use the controls with the exception of the track bar. This would negate your suggestion in that you would have to set a second SkinManager to sm200.

Again, the problem is that the slider part of the track bar does not work very well with touch screens. The built in track bar that is used by Windows tablets works great.

I will probably have to abandon the track bar and move on to another control. I tried the track edit, but it is no better.

This is not just an AlphaSkins problem. I have the old Raize components (before Embarcadero bought them) that has a track bar and it has the same problem.

I worked on a mobile application once using Fire Monkey and I remember the ability on some control to project its (phantom) size around it to help on a touch screen. Then again that was for both iOS and Android tablets.

in reply to: TMS FNC controls #56242
    TAZ
    Participant

It looks like they are cross platform. That might be a big “no”.

in reply to: Grid lines too pronounced in dark skins #56233
    TAZ
    Participant

Yeah, I understand. My font size is 12 (larger in the normal sense) because of distance possibilities. If it was the font size that you are using, mine probably would look bad, too. It is all relative. I still would like the idea of adding grid line size.

in reply to: Grid lines too pronounced in dark skins #56226
    TAZ
    Participant

This is interesting. According to my Cappuccino, grid lines are more pronounced which are not great but not bad. It would be cool to have grid line thickness but the result maybe the same. Using v11.26.

Perhaps the black background being used causes the grid lines to become really pronounced. One thing you could check is putting both images under a microscope and verify their thickness. Also, the light one's edges might blend more into the background than the dark's ones edges. You never know.

in reply to: Skin Notes Leather check box faulty #56213
    TAZ
    Participant

Never mind. It straightened itself out. Not sure how because it has not been updated. Using v11.25.

in reply to: Downlaod Problem of the latest licensed Version #56097
    TAZ
    Participant

It is fixed now.

in reply to: TsSkinSelector Question 2 #56096
    TAZ
    Participant

Fixed. Thanks.

in reply to: TsSkinSelector Question #56095
    TAZ
    Participant

Fixed. Thanks.

in reply to: Material Dark Issue #56092
    TAZ
    Participant

Looks good now. Thanks.

in reply to: TsStatusBar & TsProgressBar #56028
    TAZ
    Participant

Using a status bar as a container for other controls has always been a problematic iffy when the form is sizable. You have to add code in the form's resize event to control something like what you are doing.

I use a TsPanel and set its SkinSection to STATUSBAR. Works perfectly and you cannot tell the difference.

Just a thought.

in reply to: Material Dark Issue #56027
    TAZ
    Participant

As requested.

One is with grid lines off. The other is with grid lines on (which looks worse).

'Support' wrote:

Hello!

Could you show a screenshot, please?

in reply to: Scaling Dialogs? #55784
    TAZ
    Participant

Okay. Thanks for the information.

in reply to: Hints #55783
    TAZ
    Participant

No problem. Just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong.

in reply to: Hints #55771
    TAZ
    Participant

Sorry, you need to reread the question.

I am not talking about the alpha hints component which I already have in my project.

I am talking about the the Windows buttons on the top right corner on every form (if visible).

In your example, if I were to have the alpha hints show the “orange balloon”, the Windows buttons would still show the original hint color and shape.

in reply to: Components Disappear When Moving #55682
    TAZ
    Participant

Fixed. Thanks.

Also, changing scaling mode is very smooth now. Thanks.

in reply to: Popup Forms #55569
    TAZ
    Participant

Fixed. Thanks.

in reply to: Hue Offset Question #55450
    TAZ
    Participant

Excellent try.

On some of the skins (Autumn Sky, Aluminum, etc.) the color spectrum perfectly represents the hue offset color that you have when you move the track bar.

On others (BlackBox, Windows10, etc.) the color spectrum slides when you move the track bar.

I was using your demo to verify any changes. I wonder why this is working on some and not others.

in reply to: Title Images Problem #55449
    TAZ
    Participant

Verified fixed. Thanks.

in reply to: When Top = 0 Is Not 0 #55509
    TAZ
    Participant

Works great. Thanks.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 147 total)