mbagheri

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #42405
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    finally I think I found the problem.
    I think when you initialize the Font (right before drawing form Title), The charset is “WESTERN”, but the component should read this value from the forms' Font property.

The AddedTitle does not have this problem, because you can set it's Font directly and change the CharSet property. But If you set the charset to “WESTERN” then the AddedTitle would also be messed up like FormCaption.

In an older version (which didn't have this problem) the Font initialization was like this: “FCommonData.FCacheBmp.Canvas.Font.Assign(Form.Font);”
    but right after changing this line to “FCommonData.FCacheBmp.Canvas.Font.Handle := acGetTitleFont;” this problem appeared.

so I think this all happens because the charset property of the Title.

I added this line:
    “FCommonData.FCacheBmp.Canvas.Font.Charset := Form.Font.Charset;”
    after Font initialization in sskinprovider.pas, and it worked ok.

Thanks

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41371
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    Is it possible for you to let me know which file and function is responsible for drawing on form caption area, so I can have a look at it.
    and who knows maybe I could find a solution.

Thanks

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41270
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi

I tested the new 6.52 version, but the problem still exists.
    The followings are compiled with SetThreadLocale. (one with 6.51 and another with 6.52)
    Thanks

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41163
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    I tested the new 6.51 version, the problem still exists.

QUOTE (Support @ Nov 26 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Strange.. no results, after several tries I have '???' still..
    In any case will be released the new version at the nearest days. Please try this version, some changes were added there.

Maybe it's because you opened and saved the file containing Farsi Characters when the main language was not Farsi, in this case the Unicode characters will be converted and saved to '?'. I think you should download the source code of the test application after you changed your main language to Farsi. and try it again then.

Maybe this problem occurs because you changed the textout function from a Unicode version to a non-Unicode version or you handle Form.Caption differently. whatever it is, it was OK before and also other components are OK. just Form Caption is invalid.

Thanks again.

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41138
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    Yes, you have to change the main language to “Farsi”, in order for non Unicode programs to be able to show Farsi texts.

Thanks

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41114
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    You see '?' instead of Unicode characters, because you haven't installed Right-To-Left languages in your windows. You have to Install it form Control Panel –>Regional and Language Options–>Languages –> Check the “install Right-To-Left Languages” check box and press apply. then in the “Advanced Tab”–>set the “Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use” combo box to “Farsi”.
    You need the windows XP installation CD for this. and you have to restart your system after making those changes. After that you should have no problem storing Unicode characters in strings.

Thanks

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41092
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    thanks for your reply.
    The attachment is the source of the above test application. you can change the installed version of Alpha Control and rebuild the application and run it under windows XP. (some Persian text is also hard coded in the source).

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41077
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for your reply, but I didn't have this problem with alpha controls v5.xx , It appeared after v6.xx .
    This is right that Delphi 7 doesn't support Unicode, but by setting some options in Windows (Control panel->Regional and Language Options–>in the “Advanced Tab”–>setting “Select a language to match the language version of the non-Unicode programs you want to use” to “Farsi” or “Arabic” – of course you should first install Right-To-Left Languages in the “Languages” tab), non-Unicode programs would also support Unicode characters. and I was using this option. But After upgrading from version 5.xx to 6.xx this problem appeared.

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41061
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    I tested v6.48 and v6.50 but the problem still exists!.
    Here is a sample application. (it's compressed with upx)
    you have to set the skin directory. and then you can change the skin from form menu.

in reply to: Form Caption problem under Windows Xp and unicode #41035
    mbagheri
    Participant

Hi
    No I'm not using any third party control. Just drop a “SkinManager.Active := true” on a form, and set the form caption to some unicode text. then compile the program. When running under windows Vista, there is no problem, but under previous windows versions the unicode characters are incorrect.

Thanks for your consideration.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)